Courtesy of the Pennsylvania Winery Association
The holidays are finally upon us, and the bustling commotion of the season is in full swing. As the new year approaches, we're taking time to reflect on both the old and the new. So curl up in your favorite sweater, cozy up to a warm winter fire, and raise a glass of your favorite holiday concoction to toast the New Year. Below, the Pennsylvania Winery Association gives us their take on a Pennsylvania Cherry Chocolate Wine “Martini,” a satisfying cocktail that blends notes of dark fruit, cream, and chocolate into a delectable dessert that's perfect for snow-blown evenings.
Cheers to all of you Happy Travelers.
PA Cherry Chocolate Wine “Martini”
Yields 1 (6 oz.) martini
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp confectioners sugar
- 4 oz. Armstrong Valley Winery Midnight Desire (or any chocolate/berry wine)
- 1 oz. crème de cocoa
- 1 oz. half and half
- On a plate, combine cocoa powder and confectioners’ sugar. Using a damp paper towel, wet the rim of a large martini glass. Dip rim into cocoa mixture.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add chocolate wine, crème de cocoa and half and half. Top shaker with lid and shake for about 10 seconds.
- Strain into martini glass.
Need more holiday drink recipes? Try some of the other Pennsylvania Winery Association cocktails.