It is believed that this is the oldest structure in the town of Mechanicsburg. George Frankeberger applied for a license to open his recently built log home to travelers in 1801. At his tavern, he offered a meal and a place to sleep for a small fee. Today, the Mechanicsburg Museum Association looks forward to finishing the restoration of the building. For information about this project please call 717-697-6088.