Henry Clay Furnace

Route 62, Hermitage, PA 16148 GET DIRECTIONS
Local: 724-346-3771

The Clay Furnace was one of a handful of iron furnaces that used raw bituminous coal.  B. B. Vincent and David Himrod of Erie built the furnace in 1845 and named it after Henry Clay, a Kentucky Senator who advocated internal improvements in the United States. Though now in ruins, a historical marker still stands to mark the site.

Share This:
Loading Map.