The Society currently has over 320 members and holds six meetings a year. It has been incorporated since 1964 and has a constitution and by-laws. The Society is the owner of the 1793 Dale/Engle/Walker House and property which is located just outside of Lewisburg. The house is open for tours on Sundays during the months of June - October, from 2-4 with the last tour beginning at 3:30. The property is also the site of the Society's Rural Heritage Days the third week of August each year. Each year the Rural Heritage Days focus on a different facet of the heritage of Union County and feature a Children's Day along with exhibits and presentations pertaining to that heritage. The property is also the site of the Dale's Ridge Trail which is maintained by the Merrill W. Linn Land and Waterways Conservancy.