The Lansdale Historical Society, founded in 1972, has its headquarters in a two-building complex, located on Jenkins Ave. in the center of Lansdale, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The buildings are owned by the Borough of Lansdale. The complex includes the Jenkins Homestead, a 1770-era Federalist-style farmstead that is the oldest building within the original borders of Lansdale. Portions of the homestead have been restored and are open for public tours. The seven-room research center contains a museum, local historical memorbilia and a 135-year collection of local newspapers. Admission is free, and the hours are Wednesdays: noon to 5 p.m., Thursdays, 1 to 5 p.m., and Saturdays: 9 a.m. to noon. Fees are charged for use of the research center. The location is one block off Lansdale's Main Street on Jenkins Ave. between Chestnut and Line Streets. On-street parking is available.