The Conocheague Institute at Rock Hill Farm, one mile southwest of Welsh Run, PA, consists of the Welsh Barrens Visitors Center; the Davis-Chambers house (c.1752); the two-story log Negley house (c.1806); a genealogy and history library; a restored summer kitchen; the Piper blacksmith shop (under restoration); a Native American wikiup; a walking trail with exhibit panels; rose and flower gardens; a German 4-square garden; a Native American three sisters garden; an old Welsh graveyard; and wetlands with a viewing platform.
The Institute maintains a research library of over 3,000 volumes dealing mainly with the colonial Pennsylvania frontier and the French and Indian War. Some genealogical information is also available. Researchers must make arrangements to use the library.
Site tours are available, and CI hosts various lectures, seminars and special events throughout the year. Visit our website to view our calendar of events.
Facility Amenities: Admission Charged: $3.00, Bus Parking, Gift Shop
General Information: Dates Closed: Major Holidays, Hours: M-F, 8-5
Guest Information: Family-friendly, Groups Welcome