Columbus Chapel and Boal Mansion Museum

163 Boal Estate Drive, Boalsburg, PA 16827 GET DIRECTIONS
Local: 814-466-6210
Fax: 814-466-6210

 

The centuries-old  Columbus Chapel was imported from Spain in 1909 by descendants of Christopher Columbus in the Boal family, and contains an Admiral's Desk that belonged to Christopher Columbus himself, European fine art and two pieces of the True Cross of Jesus. The Boal Mansion contains the original furnishings, art, weapons, carriages and tools of eight generations across two centuries of this leading Pennsylvania family whose members helped found historic Boalsburg village, the 28th Division Shrine (site of the Pennsylvania Military Museum) and Penn State University -- all nearby. "A glorious example of old Europe!" BBC-TV, England. "A grand estate!" PBS-TV.

Share This:
Discounts Offered: Group Discount
Facility Amenities: ADA-compliant, Bus Parking, Gift Shop, Special Packages Available
General Information: Dates Closed: Group tours in any season by advance arrangement, Distance from Airport: 10 m, Distance from Public Transportation: .2 m, Hours: Spring and fall, 1:30 - 5 p.m., Summer 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. except summer Sun. Noon - 5 p.m.
Guest Information: Family-friendly, Groups Welcome
Follow Us
Follow Us on Facebook
PHOTOS
VIEW MAP
Columbus Chapel, imported from Spain in 1909, contains Columbus' Admiral's Desk, fine European religious art and two pieces of the True Cross of Jesus.
Columbus Chapel, imported from Spain in 1909, contains Columbus' Admiral's Desk, fine European religious art and two pieces of the True Cross of Jesus.
Loading Map.