Women's Christian Alliance

1722 Cecil B Moore Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19121-3231 GET DIRECTIONS
Local: 215-236-9911
n 1919 Dr. Melissa Thompson Coppin, an African-American physician, worked with a group of church women to establish an organization to help with the relocation needs of African-American migrants from therural south. Originally located on South 16th Street, it moved to this section of the city when the center of black life shifted here. The Alliance was the city's first African-American foster care agency and in 1958 became a licensed adoption agency.
Share This:
Loading Map.