Die Frieden Kirche or Peace Church was begun by a group of German farmers who worshipped in their homes. The Reverend Anthony Hautz officially organized the congregation in 1793. In 1797 a small log house was purchased for use as a School, home for a schoolmaster and a temporary church. Construction of Peace Church began in 1798 and was completed and dedicated on May 19, 1799. In 1969, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania acquired Peace Church. It is being administered as an historic site by The Pennsylvania Historic and Museum Commission. The church has been operated for the benefit of the public by The Friends of Peace Church since 1973.
General Information: Hours: Open from 2 - 5 p.m. every Sun. afternoon June - Sept.