The Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science & Art was founded by Dr. Isaiah Everhart, a Scranton-area philanthropist and ornithological enthusiast. When we opened our doors on May 30, 1908, there were only eight other public museums found in the Commonwealth, none of which were located in Northeast Pennsylvania. Dr. Everhart's gift to the City of Scranton was intended to bring the world to his community. His goal was to create an institution that would "educate and delight for generations to come." Today, the Everhart Museum is the only professionally operated, multi-disciplinary museum in the 12-county region of Northeast Pennsylvania. The museum serves as a repository for 62,000+ natural history and cultural artifacts, as well as works of art from the ancient world to the present day. We are open and fully accessible to the general public (open Mon., Thurs., Fri. noon - 4 p.m.; Sat. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.; and Sun. noon - 5 p.m.).