You can find many of them in our state game lands, where deer, bear, game birds and other creatures make their homes.
- State Game Land 44 covers more than 24,500 acres and is adjacent to the 23,400 acres of State Game Land 54.
- The vast amount of public land in the Pennsylvania Wilds is great for hunting game such as grouse, bear and elk.
- Small game hunters enjoy pursuing squirrels, turkeys, rabbits and pheasants.
- Select marshes provide some of the best duck and goose hunting in the eastern U.S.
- Pymatuning Wildlife Management Area, Erie National Wildlife Refuge and farmlands, coupled with the annual Pymatuning Waterfowl Expo make Crawford County the No. 1 destination for waterfowl hunters.
- Home to 21 different game lands.
- The Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area (DWGNRA) includes 70,000 acres of public land open for hunting.
- Whitetail deer are the most popular game, with many large bucks taken every season.
- Pike County, PA has one of the largest black bear populations in the state, and several record black bear have been taken in the creek gorges of the DWGNRA.
- Waterfowl are abundant on and around the Delaware River, where duck and goose are the preferred game.
- Boasts more than 90,000 acres of state game land teeming with wildlife
- Keep an eye out for white-tailed deer, black bear, wild turkey, waterfowl and ruffed grouse.
- State Game Land 58: 12,646 acres of mountain terrain with deer, bear and pheasant hunting.
- State Game Land 226: encompasses 4,225 acres of rolling farmland where you'll find deer, bear and wild turkey.